Monday, November 2, 2009

California

I kind of really want to move to California, more Southern California to be exact. Somewhere where I can have a house right on the beach with a porch overlooking the ocean. Where I can sit comfortably and toke nightly in the warm weather while listening to the sounds of the ocean. Warm weather is definitely a MUST HAVE for me, especially after living up here where when its 50 degrees everyone is outside in shorts. My real dream would be to move to Australia or Italy, or maybe even Ireland with all the open fields. But as of now, my realistic dream is to be in Cali on the beach sippin' on coronas hanging with friends, new and old. The scenery in Southern Cali is beautiful, from the trees to the beaches, to the animals. The warm weather attracts so much beauty and I'm a sucker for beautiful scenery. Once I graduate or possibly sooner if I decide to transfer, Cali is where I plan on residing. Florida is full of old retired people, or crazy clubbing teens. Texas... yeah no. California just makes so much sense, if I spoke Spanish I would move to Mexico in a heartbeat, but it would be pretty difficult to do anything down there until I know enough Spanish so I can at least know how to order a burrito. I'm an incredibly laid back person, and I feel like that is the definition of California. I mean, only laid back people would elect The Terminator as their governor. Being able to be close to LA and Hollywood is also a plus, I don't really get star struck but I plan on doing something having to do with video production (changing my major back to communications) and being anywhere near LA would be a plus for my career. NYC would also be ideal, but I live less than an hour from it and it basically served as a second home for me so a change of pace would be nice. Plus LA is a lot different than NYC, I definitely wouldn't live in LA, I would need a much more secluded relaxed spot, but it would be nice to be somewhat near it especially if I pursue the job I want. Also Las Vegas is somewhat near Cali and I've always wanted to go there, especially after watching The Hangover. Being by the beach would make life so much more chill and I honestly would be content moving there on impulse by myself. I know one person in California and thats my friend who just moved there, I don't even know where exactly. But having the life style I've always dreamed of is enough for me, and I'm sure everything else will just follow. Even if it doesn't, I would personally be exactly where I need to be.

2 comments:

  1. I love california. It is so beautiful there. Im lucky that I have been able to travel there a few times in my life. My moms parents grew up there and have a house out there that they recently sold. :( They moved to Oregon which is almost just as cool. I usually would stay in San Diego. Right now I could really use a beach... You know, California and Cortland are two huge oppsosites. How did you end up here if Cali is what you want? I hope you can go and live out there, Ill be visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to San Diego a couple years back for spring break. It wasn't a typical crazy spring break, we just went to relax and get away from the crappy NY weather. The beaches we gorgeous, but the driving was terrible. I'm not too much of the hippie type either so there was definitely a little bit of a culture shock for me there.

    ReplyDelete