Sunday, October 25, 2009

The OFfice

The Office, a show on NBC, is probably the best show ever made. I could sit and watch the same episodes over and over again. The kind of comedy they use in this show is something that not everyone agreed is funny. You have to have a certain sense of humor in order to understand it, but if you do, you would probably agree with me that this is one of the best series created. I’m not sure which actually came first, but there is also a British version of The Office which I have to say is just as hilarious. The actors they picked fit the characters perfectly and couldn’t do a better job at playing their roles. They use everyday comedy and incorporate it into the show, like “that’s what she said” for example. Steve Carell, who in my opinion might be the funniest one, is the office manager and basically the star of the show. I’m sure everyone has heard of him before, from “The 40 year old Virgin,” “Little Miss Sunshine,” “Get Smart,” “Dan in Real Life,” “Anchorman,” and many more. Without him, the show would not be what it is. It really wouldn’t be as good if any of the characters left. You have Oscar, Kevin, and Angela in accounting. Each have completely clashing personalities so if you were to take one away, it wouldn’t be as stable. Then you have Dwight, and Jim who have had a rivalry since day one so in order for one to be noticeably funny you would definitely need the other. Then Pam, Phyllis and Meredith are the rest of the girls in the office. Talk about clashing personalities; Pam is completely normal, Phyllis is a little slow, kind of like a crazy grandmother, and Meredith is a raging alcoholic. Creed is an old man with a seriously insane history of starting riots, doing drugs, and blackmailing people to get money for a toy helicopter. Ryan, the temp, who is actually BJ Novak in real life and actually writes the majority of the shows, became the youngest manager of the branch and then pleads guilty to fraud and went from being, wealthy and on top, to the office’s receptionist. As you can see the show is drama FULL and every moment, no matter how sad, how awkward or mean you may think it is they always find a way to make it humorous. I have never once watched the show and been quiet for more then 5 minutes, there is never a dull moment.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a quincidence. My girl friend and I are sitting watching tv while I am responding to blogs and she just said five minutes ago that The Office is on at 9 and that we are going to watch it. I told her I would much rather watch the new Jeff Dunham show that we both like but she refused. She loves the show just like you but for some reason I have not gotten into it yet. I just don't think the show is funny at all. You are definitely right in the fact that you have to have a certain sense of humor to understand the show. Steve Carell though is a very good actor and I do love him in every movie that he has been involved in. So as I am writing this, she is currently watching The Office. This gives me the time to actually do some homework because I would rather not watch the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the show but never watched it. I have seen Steve Carell in a lot of movies and have loved all of them. You may have just got The Office a new viewer because after reading your post my interest is definitely peaked. I'm not sure if it comes on at the same time as something else that I watch, but I'll definitely look into it and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Office too but haven't really been abel to keep up in the past few seasons. Thursdays at 9 usually involve some extracurricular activities. I own a few seasons on DVD and I think I've watched each episode over 20 times, and I still laugh.

    Another show that needs a certain sense of humor is Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That is by far my favorite show right now. The characters are just so funny and mostly ridiculous. For me its one of those shows where you actually start thinking you know the people on it. If you havent seen it I'd recomend watching it. I think its also on Thursday nigts, but I usually watch it on their website or another place online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my favorite sitcom on tv. My favorite thing about the show are the pranks that Jim pulls on Dwight. I loved it when he put all of Dwight's office stuff in the Vending machine, including his wallet. My favorite prank though was when the show opened by Dwight hitting himself in the face with the phone, then it cuts to Jim saying "this one needs a little explanation." Then he goes on to say that every day he added little weights to Dwight's phone, and one day took them all out. I laughed so hard at that scene, I couldn't believe it. All of the other characters are great too, especially Kevin and Creed. Kevin is so stupid its hilarious, and Crede is the creepy old guy. I'm also a fan of the Nard Dog. My girlfriend, sister and mother all hate the show, but I watch every week. It is not for everybody but the people that get the humor absolutely love the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha the office is such a great show. i mean i usually only watch it when its randomly on but when i watch it i knowe there will never be a dull moment. i think jim is one of my favorite characters just because hes always picking on dwight and dwight is such a weirdo that its so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete