Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jackass


Lately me and my friends have been watching all of the old jackass episodes as well as movies 1,2 and 2.5. I am obsessed, I understand many people think what they do is stupid but it sure is entertaining. I mean if you can get paid, for riding down streets in shopping carts, and snorting wasabi why not right? I'm sure they all have serious medical issues due to half of the stunts they pull, for example Steve-O himself has what, 40 of the 48 STDs that are out there, the majority of which he probably didn't get from intercourse but probably from butt chugging beer, or snorting an earth worm and pulling it out of his mouth. I know I'm being a little graphic, but they all actually do all this shit and it airs and they actually get paid. Steve-O said this was the only option for him really, he hates school and work and he loves to make people laugh so this seemed perfect. He actually dropped out of college within the first year and went to join the Ringaling Brothers Circus College and graduated there, only to be denied by the circus. Honestly, I don't know about eating leeches or sitting in a used porta potty, but I would not mind doing stunts and risking hurting myself as a career. Half the stunts they do look awesome and are probably a lot of fun, even if you hurt yourself you can say you did it and have it on tape for all to see. I think what they do is HILARIOUS and it is honestly my dream to meet one of them. I know they say before each episode "don't try this at home," but after watching it so much recently I've become inspired so don't be surprised if you see me on the next jackass or more likely in the hospital. They are actually coming out with a jackass 3 soon which I am stoked for, everything they do is funny so this movie will probably be a hoot. I'm excited and I recommend everyone go see it when it hits theaters and support my future husband Steve-O.

9 comments:

  1. I agree Jackass was one of the funniest shows out there. Some of their stunts are gross, but most of them are hilarious. I hate the clip where they cut in between their toes with a manila folder, it creeps me out every time. My favorite is when Wee-Man kicks himself in the head. The clip is only a few seconds long but I laugh my ass off every time. I have seen most of the episodes, and own all of the movies. Whenever I need a really good laugh I will turn it on. I will also watch whenever I find an episode on TV. It was a very original idea, and I can't wait for the next movie either. Its strange to think that all of those guys got rich by doing stupid stuff. The only guy I don't like is Bam, I just think he is a douche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your blog is so funny. I love watching those guys too. When I was about thirteen I was introduced to them because my stepbrother would watch the show all the time. Him and his friends even tried doing the same things by taping themselves doing outragous, ridiculous stunts, and then showing them to people to make them laugh. I do think that sometimes what they do is a little stupid, but they are doing it for entertainment, and if they like it, and are willing to hurt themselves for people then why not? It appears to be working for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackass is so funny. I love Steve-O and Johnny Knocksville and BAM. They are so funny. I wish I could get paid to do stupid and crazy stunts. That has really got to be the best job in the world. Why would anyone want to do anything else if you could make money off of running into walls and riding a rocket into a lake? I really hope another Jackass comes out, so we can all be amused by their stupidity and pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the jack ass stuff in a while! After reading your blog I think I'll have to youtube some of their stuff. I cant stand the ones where Steve-O throws up, because I start gagging as well. Haha. I think we could get together a good group of people here at Cortland and start making our own Jackass videos. We should hold auditions when we go out every weekend, maybe even make a buisness card for yourself. You seem to be really good with graphics on your blog. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Jackass is amazing and I don't care who disagrees. I could honestly watch episodes of it all day. Plus, I'm just in love with Bam and Steve-O and the fact that he has a tattoo of himself on his back... who doesn't love that? Everything about that show is great, really. I need to go watch it now.. it's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those guys are insane, but also rich. I love Jackass too. I could watch Jackass and shows like it, like Nitro Circus and Fantasy Factory all day. Like you, I would love to role with their crew. A lot of the stunts they do are awesome. I would just try to stay away from all of the gross shit they do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit I used to watch jackass all the time.. It is entertaining all the stuff they do. The new thing for me now though is Rob and Big, the Fantasy Factory, and the Nitro Circus(created by johnny knoxvile). I think though FF and Rob and Big are my favorite, I skate his decks and kind of look up to him as a skater and just self-made business man. He does some funny things as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha well youre definitely gonna marry steve-o theres no doubt about that. and the moveis are hysterical and the stunts they do are so damn crazy idk how they are still alive. i wasnt aware that he had 40 of the 48 std's which is reallly crazy and really gross lol but i mean if hes lovin life then whatever. and i watched his documentary on mtv about his life/drug use. it was insane but now hes sober!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to watch the old Jackass television shows. I think the show is funny and it is much safer to watch them do their stupid tricks than to go out and do them ourselves. It may not be the best show ever but it is always good for a few laughs to see them torture their bodies the way they do. I wish that they would make some more new episodes because watching the same pranks does get old eventually.

    ReplyDelete